Six months into our Mission 2026 challenge in which we aim to turn 10k into 1M (one million) we are extremely proud to announce that we are perfectly on track. Our Mission 2026 leverages our forecasts, and makes them actionable to short term trades and medium term investments.
Our return in the first 6 months, on both portfolios (short term trades + momentum investing) is +47.3%.
Broad markets went down -6.1% in the same time period (using the S&P 500 as a proxy for average market performance). So the market performance of -6.1% compares to the average of +47.3% in our 2 portfolios. That’s an outperformance of more than +50%.
As promised, we update our results every 6 months on our Mission 2026 page. The results are populated in the results table (bottom of the page), per portfolio: Trade Alerts +77.7% and Momentum Investing +16.9%.
To the best of our knowledge so far nobody else took a similar challenge in the public domain, and certainly did not communicate openly about it nor succeeded in it. That’s how different InvestingHaven aims to be, that’s how ambitious we are, that’s how committed we are to delivering real life results.
Mission 2026: From 10k into 1M with Momentum Investing + Trade Alerts
Our Mission 2026 is a public challenge in which we want to turn 10k into 1M by the latest Dec 31st, 2026. We do this by running 2 distinct methods on 2 distinct timeframes: short term (Trade Alerts) and medium term (Momentum Investing).
The reason we have 2 components as part of our Mission 2026 is to manage a large amount in year 5 or 6 (+250k). By breaking up the end goal of $1M we should be working with an amount of 300 to 400k in year 7 which is do-able.
Moreover, as we saw in the first months of 2020, there are periods in which short term trades work so much better than medium term investments. Market conditions are constantly changing, and results differ according to market conditions and market behavior.
The problem we try to solve
There are several problems we try to solve with our 2 methodologies which we offer as a premium service:
- Paid newsletters can be very expensive especially considering their poor returns. We believe our ‘Momentum Investing’ is much cheaper and much better performing, especially looking at market averages of paid newsletters which are remarkably poor.
- Corona crash editions. During the ‘Corona crash’ we sent almost daily crash updates to our members. This helped them avoid making bad decisions, and stay focused on market trends and investing/trading principles even at the depth of the worst sell off in history of markets.
- Trade Alerts: Signals + education on how to be (extremely) successful. Not only do we deliver state-of-the-art trading signals, but we also send every weekend an education piece. This is meant to keep traders focused, and teach what success looks like in trading.
- Trade Alerts: Method refinement in a transparent way. Market conditions and structure did change during the ‘Corona crash’. We openly communicated about refinements we made, and why we made them, to ensure the astonishing results of our Trade Alerts signals.
- Momentum Investing: The rules in our method are based on Tsaklanos his 1/99 Investing Principles for successful investing: our method ‘sniffs’ the traces of this small group of 1% of smart investors.
- Momentum Investing: Be specific on stock selection: while many paid newsletters feature a long list of stocks, which leaves you wonder which one(s) to choose, we are very specific in our stock selection, market selection, entry point and exit point.
One small note: the results do not take transaction costs into account. Our results are based on the entry and exit signals. Moreover, whoever follows our signals may get a similar entry/exit price or entry/exit may slightly differ. It is not possible to get *exactly* the same results as the ones we communicate, but members can get very, very close if they train themselves just a bit on it.